Community Wiki Support Meeting 20 September 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
- Surname pages on the wiki. Do we want to add surname pages to the wiki to both help researchers with knowledge about the origin of their ancestral surnames as well as listing well-known individuals with that surname complete with links about them on resource sites? The concept needs to be discussed with this team for concept validation before it is shared with the Community.
- A rough example of a surname page is found here.
- A similar page is found on Wikipeida here.
- The proposal is to use the pages to also elicit more user visits to the wiki and use of both the wiki and records on FamilySearch and related sites.
- The surname feature may need to be considered as a permanent fixture on the main page. The concept should be considered before the final new Main page design is selected. --Ldrew 21:49, 15 September 2012 (UTC)
- This idea was discussed and it was proposed that it become a Wiki project, which could be presented to the Community Council that is being formed.
- This has been proposed in the past, and may need some managerial approval, which could be presented by the Community Council.
Improve the Wiki
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News