Community Wiki Support Meeting 3 April 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
Sandra - update on Maintenance tasks
Over 1,000 pages have been corrected to old FamilySearch sites
40 pages of unresolved issues, mainly British pages
Get a laison who can work with them. Janell has the name of someone who might be willing to help work on these issues. (Elaine Mander). Janell will email her and cc Ken Knight to work with her.
Invite someone to be a moderator (British) - it might be good to wait for this.
Foreign Wiki - Adriana Weber (Brazil) - needs mentoring in the Wiki (Charles)
- Help:Categorize a Page
- Use Help pages for categorization
- As information is gained, add it to the articles
- As new pages are added, they should be assigned to a category
- Categories were set up to coordinate with other FamilySearch functions
- Category structure needs to be worked on
- As we see pages without categories, we should get them in a category that makes sense
- We need people who are specialists in different areas to work on the categories in those areas
- There is a difference between a category and an index
- There should be a cut off for levels of categories
- We need to encourage people to put categories on their pages. In the future, we need a large project to clean up the categories.
- Charles will start a table showing how various items are addressed in different countries, etc. - Example: Counties in US - Shires in Great Britain
- Lee will look at the structure being used in some of the states and countries and Charles will look at foreign Wiki's.
- Lee can create a page with some guidelines that can be reviewed by the group in the 1:00 meeting
- Add categorization to the Current Support page
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News