Community Wiki Support Meeting 3 January 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 '9:30' am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- Maintenance report - Sandra
- How did we do in 2012?
- What do we need to focus on in 2013?
- Out of date articles
- Articles needing citations
- Wanted pages
- Stub articles
- Evaluation of goals set from previous meetings:
- Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee
- Look at ASAN for setting up projects
Improve the Wiki
Priority items for this meeting:
Sections on the right side of the page - Research Help & Contributor Help (Janell)
- What should go under the Research section? (new box on new main page on the right)
- Under the Community section, where do we point the Forums link?
Goals achieved for 2012
- Moderators and Adopters - decision on role and responsibilities
- More content for beginners
- New Main page that is more user friendly, along with new landing pages
- New committee's created
- BYU book links corrected
- Community Council created and up and running
Goals for 2013:
- More visibility for the Wiki
- Goal for this item:
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Unconferencing sessions at Rootstech (agenda 20 Dec. 2012
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Caroline will write an article for the newsletter asking for topic ideas
- Evaluation date: 31 Jan. 2013
- Volunteer Project
- Goal: Bring in volunteers and let them see what they can do in a single location or topic that they're interested in.
- Steps to Achieve:
- Make it easier to find pages that need help, such as Stub articles and "Wanted" pages. Suggestions:
- Add a link to the Stub types articles and the Wanted Pages article on the "Things to do" page
- Find a way to get all the needs for one locality or topic on the same page
- Bring in moderators - make it one of their responsibilities to create a "Things to Do" page for each locality
- Caroline - look for a way to link to the "Wanted" page or Stub page for a specific locality (State)
- Team - We all need to experiment with how to identify the pages and get them where they can be found easily. This is going to take more brainstorming and experimenting
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on our new look!Give Feedback