Concord California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Concord California Family History Center serves Concord, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, and surrounding Communities. It is located in the broader Bay Area which is served by the Oakland California Large Multi-stake Family History Center.
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 3700 Concord Blvd., Concord, CA 94519
- This is not a mailing address. Response will be made to inquiries sent to our E-mail address.
- The Center is located on the south-east corner of the Concord Meeting House. Drive to the rear of the building for parking.
- Location on Map
Phone: (925) 686-1766
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Closed the week of July 4
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- A catalog of all of the books, periodicals, CD's and extended loan microfilms and microfiche held by the Concord Family History Center is available online
- Concord Family History Center Catalog search page
- Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog Search Page
NOTE : When using the link to the Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog you are searching the catalogs of 15 family history centers. When you find a resource of interest, be sure to click on the "Show Copies" tab to see which location has the book, film. microfiche or CD you are interested in.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Center has seven microfilm readers capable of viewing 35mm and 16mm film, three microfiche readers, a film scanner/printer and eleven comuters, one of which is a Mac, which provide access to Internet databases.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)