Connecticut, Marriage Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Connecticut, Marriage Index, 1959-2001 .
The collection consists of an index to marriages from the Connecticut Department of Public Health in Hartford. The index is provided by Ancestry.com.
The index includes the following information:
- Name of bride and groom
- Bride's parents
- Groom's parents
- Ages of bride and groom
- Calculated birthdates for the bride and groom
- Marriage date and place
- Reference ID - Page/Volume/Entry/Certificate Number
How to Use the Record
Begin your search by finding your ancestors in the index. Name indexes to marriages make it possible to access a specific record quickly. Remember that these indexes may contain inaccuracies, such as altered spellings, misinterpretations, and optical character recognition errors if the information was scanned.
When searching the index it is helpful to know the following:
- The names of the bride and groom
- The marriage place
- The marriage date
Use the locator information found in the index (such as page, entry, or certificate number) to locate your ancestor in the marriage records from Connecticut. Compare the information in the record to what you already know about your ancestor to determine if this is the correct marriage. You may need to compare the information of more than one marriage to make this determination.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Examples of Source Citations for a Record in This Collection
- “Delaware Marriage Records,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org: accessed 4 March 2011), entry for William Anderson and Elizabeth Baynard Henry, married 23 November 1913; citing marriage certificate no. 859; FHL microfilm 2,025,063; Delaware Bureau of Archives and Records Management, Dover.
- “El Salvador Civil Registration,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org: accessed 21 March 2011), entry for Jose Maria Antonio del Carmen, born 9 April 1880; citing La Libertad, San Juan Opico, Nacimientos 1879-1893, image 50; Ministerio Archivo Civil de la Alcaldia Municipal de San Salvador.
- Connecticut, Marriage Index, 1959-2001" index and images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org: accessed 18 November 2011). entry for Duane C Adame and Eliza A Stevens, married 29 June 1973; citing Marriage Records; Ancestry.com.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation explains the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org Historical Records. It may include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records:
"Connecticut, Marriage Index, 1959-2001." FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org). Index provided by Ancestry.com. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback