Connecticut For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:53, 10 July 2012 by Murphynw
For more detailed information about research and records of Connecticut, see:
- Crandall, Ralph J. ed. Genealogical Research in New England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1984. (FHL Book 974 D27gr.)
- Kemp, Thomas J. Connecticut Researcher's Handbook. Detroit: Gale Research Company, 1981. (FHL Book 974.6 D23k.) This book contains a detailed list of available sources.
- Lindberg, Marcia Wiswall, ed. Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research. 2nd ed. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1993. (FHL Book 974 D27g 1985; Fiche 6051401 has the 1981 edition.) This is an excellent guide to the location of public records.
- Sperry, Kip. Connecticut Sources for Family Historians and Genealogists. Logan, Utah: Everton Publishers, 1980. (FHL Book 974.6 D23s.) This is a general handbook and helpful guide to research strategies, archives, and published sources.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. Free online version; FHL Book 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News