Connecticut TaxationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Jones, Frederick Robertson. History of Taxation in Connecticut, 1636-1776. Reprint. New York: Johnson Reprint Corporation, 1973. Originally published: Baltimore, Md.: Johns Hopkins Press, 1896. (Johns Hopkins University studies in historical and political science. 14th series; 8). Online version and FHL film 2055359 Item 1
State Tax Records
- 1670. Holbrook, Jay Mack. Connecticut 1670 Census. Oxford, Mass.: Holbrook Research Institute, 1977. A reconstructed census of over 2,300 heads of families recorded in tax lists and other records. FHL Book 974.6 X2h 1670. Other libraries (WorldCat).
- 1862-1866. United States. Commissioner of Internal Revenue. Internal revenue assessment lists for Connecticut, 1862-1866. Arranged by district, then by date. District 1 contains Hartford and Tolland counties; district 2, Middlesex and New Haven counties; district 3, New London and Windham counties; and district 4, Fairfield and Litchfield counties. on 23 FHL films starting with film 1534625.
- 1915-1926.Connecticut. Inheritance Tax Division. Estate record card index, 1915-1926. Records are arranged alphabetically by name of deceased. Contains name of deceased, residence, date of death, probate district, value of estate, tax information, etc. on 19 FHL films starting with film 1503783.
Town Tax Records
Town tax records are included in the town records kept by the towns. The State of Connecticut has an alphabeticallist of the towns with links to the town web sites with contact information. You can write to the town for infomation about tax lists.
The Family History Library has microfilms of many Connecticut town records from the creation of the town to the early 1920s. To find the film numbers for these records, use the FamilySearch Catalog Place-names search for a particular town. The films can be used at the Library, and many can also be sent to family history centers.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:41.
- This page has been accessed 2,091 times.