Contra Costa County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Contra Costa County
730 Las Juntas St;
PO Box 350;
Martinez, CA 94553;
County Recorder has birth and death records; County Clerk
has marriage, divorceCounty Clerk has marriage, divoce,
probate and court records
Contra Costa County began in 1850 as one of the original counties in the new state of California. Located in the East Bay area, San Pablo Bay and Suisun Bay partially surround the land area of the county and have contributed to the economy since the gold rush.
18 February 1850: Contra Costa County was created as an original county. County seat: Martinez 
Pinole Pittsburg Pleasant Hill
San Pablo San Ramon
- Oakmont Memorial Park, Lafayette BillionGraves
- Rolling Hills Memorial Park, El Sobrante BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Contra Costa County, California Genealogy census records online, see: California Census.
Church History and Records
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
A wiki article describing an online collecion is found at:
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Antioch California Family History Center (Brentwood)
- Concord California Family History Center
- Danville California Family History Center
San Ramon Valley Genealogical Society serves local genealogy enthusiasts. Monthly meetings are held at the Danville Family History Center in Alamo, California on the 3rd Tuesday at 10am.
Contra Costa County maintains records of death certificates from 1905 to present. You can obtain an informational copy for a fee by mailing the Application for Death Record from the county clerk's website with your payment. As with other counties, you only need to get the form notarized if you want a certified copy. Informational copies do not need a notary.
- Contra Costa County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
A wiki article describing this collection is found at:
- California, Genealogical Collections at the California Genealogical Society (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Contra Costa County, California. Page 84 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News