Cople Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:41, 3 July 2013 by Murphynw
Cople Parish has served Westmoreland County, Virginia. The parish includes Nomini, St. James, and Yeocomico churches.
- abt 1644
- Davison, Bertha Lawrence Newton. The Life of Cople Parish 1664-1964 in Westmoreland County, Virginia. Bowie, Md.: Heritage Books, 1999. FHL Book 975.524 K2d
- Mayo, Wat Tyler, Walter Randolph Crabbe and S. Downing Cox. A Sketch of Yeocomico Church (Built 1706) in Cople Parish, Westmorland County, Va.: With a Reference to the Bicentennial Celebration on July 15, 1906, and the Movement to Raise an Endowment Fund for the Preservation of the Church. FHL
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
- The Episcopal Churches of Cople Parish: Nomini, St. James, Yeocomico (official site) Parish and church histories; photographs.
- Nominy Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Yeocomico Church, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 300-304.
- ↑ Dell Upton, Holy Things and Profane: Anglican Parish Churches in Virginia (Yale University Press, 1997), xi.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback