Cottle County, Texas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Cottle County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Adopted by TXGenWeb Cottle County
1876--Cottle County was created 21 August 1876 from Fannin Land District. County seat: Paducah 
Cee Vee | Chalk | Dunlap | Paducah | Swearingen
- Garden of Memories Cemeteries - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Cottle County Cemeteries - TXGenWeb
- FindAGrave - Cottle County cemeteries
- Cottle County Cemeteries - Interment.net
- Cottle County Cemeteries maps, transcriptions, informatoin
After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions, including deeds and mortgages, have been recorded by the county. You can obtain copies of these land records by writing to the county clerk at the county courthouse. For more information, see Texas Land and Property.
The FamilySearch Catalog lists microfilm copies of deeds, trust deeds, and mortgages of many counties.
Original Landowners of Texas - USGenWeb Archives Project
Local histories are available for Cottle County, Texas Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Texas Local Histories.
Cottle County Photographs - USGenWeb Archives Project
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site
Cottle County Veterans - TXGenWeb
Cottle County WWII Military News - TXGenWeb
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Cottle County, Texas Genealogy newspapers in online catalogs like:
Cottle County Obituaries - TXGenWeb
Texas tax records complement land records and can be used in place of censuses or to supplement the years between censuses. Because only persons who owned taxable property were listed, many residents were not included in tax lists. There may also be gaps of several years in the tax records of some counties. For more information, see the wiki page Texas Taxation.
Texas County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910 lists FHL films with county tax lists. The lists vary by county and year. Most records are between the years of 1846 - 1910.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. United States Vital Records has additional research guidance on researching and using vital records. See Texas Vital Records for more information about Vital records in Texas or How to order Texas Vital Records
A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Texas Vital Records State Department of Health, the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred, ordered electronically online or download an application for Texas Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Verification Application to mail.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
- Cottle County Marriages - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Cottle County Divorces - USGenWet Archives Project
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cottle County, Texas. Page 661 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).