Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of Evington (Commissary Court)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the ;original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Index of Wills Proved and Administrations Granted in the Commissary Court of the Manor of Evington 1581-1800 pages 235-237here
Calendars of wills and administrations relating to the county of Leicester, proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Leicester, 1495-1649 : and in the peculiars of St. Margaret Leicester, Rothley, Groby, Evington, and the unproved will, etc., previous to 1801 here
Card indexes to probate inventories, ca. 1500-1800, held in the Leicestershire Record Office here
Leicester Record Office
Microreproduction of original records housed in the Leicester Record Office
The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland Address: Long Street, Wigston Magna, Leicester, LE18 2AH Telephone: 0116 257 1080. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Family History Library
Commissary Court of the Manor of Evington
- Probate records, 1581-1857 
- Probate records, ca. 1581-1857 
- Will abstracts, 1581-1800 
- Evington probate inventories, 1557-1819 
This court has jurisdiction over the parish of Evington.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News