Craig County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- Burton, Charles T. Botetourt County, Va., 1785 Enumeration. Troutville, Va.: Burton?, 1972. Available at FHL; digital version at Ancestry ($). [All of part of present-day county of Craig is included.]
1890 Union Veterans
- Turner, Ronald Ray. Virginia's Union Veterans: Eleventh Census of the United States 1890. Available online, courtesy: Prince William County Virginia website. [Includes residents of this county.]
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. In addition to finding a direct ancestor’s surname listed, and watching to see if more recent publications make additions and corrections to earlier works, this list is also useful for determining if genealogists have published accounts, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, for any members of an ancestor’s “FAN Club” [Family, Associates, and Neighbors]. Checking publications about those individuals can lead you to new information about your own ancestry. Be mindful that compiled genealogies may contain errors.
- "A Guide to the Counties of Virginia: Craig County," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 8, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1964):26-27. Available at FHL; digital version at New England Ancestors ($).
- Fridley, Beth. Craig County, Virginia Births, 1853-96 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 1999. Available at Ancestry ($).
- Fridley, Beth, comp. Craig County, Virginia Deaths, 1853-96 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2001. Available at Ancestry ($).
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).