Crawford County, MichiganEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Crawford County Courthouse
200 W Michigan Ave.
Grayling, MI 49738-1746
County Clerk has birth and probate from 1879
marriage, death and divorce records from 1878,
court records from 1881 and land records from 1863. 
1840--Crawford County was created 1 April 1840 from Mackinac County. It was formerly Shawano County, until the name was changed to Crawford County 8 March 1843. It was attached to Mackinac, Cheboygan, Iosco, Antrim and Kalkaska Counties prior to organization 22 March 1879. County seat: Grayling 
- City: Grayling
- Villages: none
- Townships: Bever Creek . Frederic . Grayling . Lovells . Maple Forest . South Branch
- Communities: none
Civil War service men from Crawford County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Crawford County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Crawford County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Crawford County, Michigan page 345, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback