Crenshaw County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Crenshaw County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||November 24, 1866|
CRENSHAW COUNTY, 29 South Glenwood Avenue, Luverne, AL 36049, (334) 335-6575
1898 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Brantley City Cemetery
- Danielsville Baptist Church Cemetery
- Enon Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery
- Liberty Congregation Church Cemetery
- Mt. Zion Cemetery (Red Bay)
- Pleasant Home Baptist Church Cemetery
- Sasser Church of Christ Cemetery
- Sports Cemetery
- Springhill Cemetery
For tips on accessing Crenshaw County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Crenshaw County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News