Crittenden County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Crittenden County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||October 22, 1825|
See an interactive map of Crittenden County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- DeSoto County, Mississippi
- St. Francis
- Shelby County, Tennesse
- Tunica County, Mississippi
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- Matthews, Paul A. Early Families of the Memphis Area: Profiles of 135 Families of Fayette, Shelby and Tipton Counties in Tennessee, Crittenden County, Arkansas and DeSoto and Marshall Counties in Mississippi: With Historical Time Lines and Photogrpahs of Those Counties. Memphis, Tennessee: Descendants of Early Settlers of Shelby and Adjoining Counties, 2008. FHL US/CAN Book 976 D2m.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Crittenden County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News