Crittenden County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Crittenden County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||January 26, 1842|
Crittenden County Courthouse
107 S. Main Street Suite 202
Marion, KY 42064
1865, 1870--Disasters destroyed most records.
1880 Census--Crittenden County, Kentucky is missing about 1,500 people.
March 28, 1905 - Photo of "The Day After the Fire that Destroyed Much of Marion, Kentucky"
Places / Localities
|Irma||New Salem||Shady Grove||Weston|
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
Some of the best online Crittenden County cemetery resources are:
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- Ken Gilkey list of Crittenden Co., Ky Cemeteries
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb (Unmarked Burials)
Additional resources include:
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Crittenden County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Crittenden Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Crittenden County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Crittenden County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
For tips on accessing Crittenden County, Kentucky Genealogy census records online, see: Kentucky Census.
- Crittenden Co., KY Court Minutes Records 1852-1860
- County Court Records (Some Records Fees Charged)
- Crittenden Co., Ky Deeds 1841-1901
- Crittenden Co., Ky Deeds 1847-1857
- Morre Crittenden Co., Ky. Court Records 1852-1860
- Crittenden Co., Court Excercts 1862
- Some Crittenden Court Records 1871-1884
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- Fohs Hall Community Arts Foundation and Crittenden County Genealogical Society. Crittenden County, Kentucky History and Families. Marion, Ky.: Riverbend Pub., 1991. FHL Book 976.9893 H2c; Index: FHL Book 976.9893 H2c index
- Rawdon, Rebecca R. Crittenden County Families. West Valley City, Utah: R.R. Rawdon, 1992-. FHL Fiche 6104064
- [Asher] Coldiron, Kara Lee. Asher, a Partial Genealogy. Lincoln, Neb.: K.L. Coldiron, 1986. FHL Book 929.273 As35ck
- [Baker] Chapman, Peggy Brown. Bakers of Logan, Christian, Muhlenberg, Livingston, Henderson, Hopkins, Caldwell, Union, Todd, Trigg, Crittenden, Lyon, McLean and Webster Counties & Jackson Purchase, Kentucky. Lubbock, Texas: P.B. Chapman, 1995. FHL Book 929.273 B171cp
- [Cruce] Kidwiler, Pauline Cruce. Cruce Family Genealogical Records, 1829-1988 George Washington Cruce (1829-1912) on Down to 1988 as Nearly as Possible. MSS. Microfilmed 1989. FHL Film 1320816 Item 7
- [Lynn] Taylor, Jessie Pope. Lynn, 1788-2000. Salem, Ky.: J.P. Taylor, 2000. FHL Book 929.273 L993; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Newcom] Newcom, Randall Hershel. The Family of Newton N. Newcom. Elizabethtown, Ky.: R.H. Newcom, 1986. FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 6509
- [Rawlins] Talley, Gloria Jean and Leonard Carey Rawlins. One Family: Rawlings, Rawlins, Rollins. Newburgh, Ind.: First Cousins Family Reunion, 2000. FHL Book 929.273 R199tg
- [Shewmaker] Isakson, Oyjdal Shewmaker Marvel. Shewmaker-Shoemaker, Livingston and Crittenden County, Kentucky. Hobart, Ind.: Isakson, 1967. FHL Film 1320527 Item 8; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Tackwell] Koetting, Patricia G. Lowery and Jerome D. Koetting. Tackwell Genealogy. Rio Rancho, N. Mex.: J.D. and P.G. Koetting, 1996. FHL Book 929.273 T119k; digital version at Family History Archives.
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb Rev. War Soldiers
- Richard P'Pool's data base for Crittenden Co., Civil War Soldiers Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- Crittenden Co., Ky. Fallen WW1 Soldiers
- U.S. ARMY & ARMY AIR CORPS CASUALITIES WW II - CRITTENDEN Co., Kentucky, courtesy: USGenWeb Archives
- 1833-1968 - Will Books 1 to 3 (1833-1968) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- Some Crittenden County Ky. marriage Records 1857-1868
- Some mg recs. 1905-1942 Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- Delayed Births from late 1800-1910
- Crittenden Co., Ky Births 1911-1930
- Ky. Death records 1911-2000
- (Some Ky Deaths) Browning Funeral Home Records
- Some Crittenden Co., Ky Death Certs., courtesy: Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- (Some Crittenden Co., KY Bible Records), courtesy: Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb 1860 Mortality
- Ky Vital Records Project
- Crittenden Co., Ky Unmarked Burials, courtesy: Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
Societies and Libraries
- Crittenden County, Kentucky Library
- Crittenden County Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Crittenden County Historical Society, Inc.
Family History Centers
- Crittenden County, KYGenWeb
- Family History Library Catalog
- Linkpendium has links to many other sites. It is organized by subjects. Simply click on the name of the site you would like explore.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Crittenden County, Kentucky page 269, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Voice of Dorothy Murphy (b. 1927), life-long resident of Central City, Ky. (2011)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More