Crittenden County, KentuckyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kentucky-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Crittenden County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||January 26, 1842|
107 S. Main Street Suite 202
Marion, KY 42064
1865, 1870--Disasters destroyed most records.
1880 Census--Crittenden County, Kentucky is missing about 1,500 people.
Places / Localities
|Irma||New Salem||Shady Grove||Weston|
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
Some of the best online Crittenden County cemetery resources are:
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- Ken Gilkey list of Crittenden Co., Ky Cemeteries
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb (Unmarked Burials)
Additional resources include:
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Crittenden County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Crittenden Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Crittenden County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Crittenden County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Crittenden Co., KY Court Minutes Records 1852-1860
- County Court Records (Some Records Fees Charged)
- Crittenden Co., Ky Deeds 1841-1901
- Crittenden Co., Ky Deeds 1847-1857
- Morre Crittenden Co., Ky. Court Records 1852-1860
- Crittenden Co., Court Excercts 1862
- Some Crittenden Court Records 1871-1884
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Baker] Chapman, Peggy Brown. Bakers of Logan, Christian, Muhlenberg, Livingston, Henderson, Hopkins, Caldwell, Union, Todd, Trigg, Crittenden, Lyon, McLean and Webster Counties & Jackson Purchase, Kentucky. Lubbock, Texas: P.B. Chapman, 1995. FHL Book 929.273 B171cp
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb Rev. War Soldiers
- Richard P'Pool's data base for Crittenden Co., Civil War Soldiers Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- Crittenden Co., Ky. Fallen WW1 Soldiers
- U.S. ARMY & ARMY AIR CORPS CASUALITIES WW II - CRITTENDEN Co., Kentucky, courtesy: USGenWeb Archives
- Some Crittenden County Ky. marriage Records 1857-1868
- Some mg recs. 1905-1942 Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- Delayed Births from late 1800-1910
- Crittenden Co., Ky Births 1911-1930
- Ky. Death records 1911-2000
- (Some Ky Deaths) Browning Funeral Home Records
- Some Crittenden Co., Ky Death Certs., courtesy: Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- (Some Crittenden Co., KY Bible Records), courtesy: Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb 1860 Mortality
- Ky Vital Records Project
- Crittenden Co., Ky Unmarked Burials, courtesy: Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb
Societies and Libraries
- Crittenden County, Kentucky Library
- Crittenden County Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Crittenden County Historical Society, Inc.
- Crittenden County, KYGenWeb
- Family History Library Catalog
- Linkpendium has links to many other sites. It is organized by subjects. Simply click on the name of the site you would like explore.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Voice of Dorothy Murphy (b. 1927), life-long resident of Central City, Ky. (2011)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback