Crosby County, TexasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
The first permanent settler arrived in 1877.
1889--Crosby County Courthouse in Estacado caught fire on October 9, 1889 and destroyed the judges', treasurer's and county clerk's offices.
Early Day Burials
- Crosbyton Cemetery
- Crosbyton Mt. Zion Cemetery
- City of Lorenzo Cemetery
- Lorenzo West Side Cemetery
- Ralls Cemetery
- A History of Crosby County 1876-1977, A collection of historical sketches and family histories composed by County Residents; compiled by the staff of the Crosby County Pioneer Memorial Museum under the supervision and with the cooperation of the Crosby County Historical Commission, 1978. Read the book online at The Portal to Texas History.
- Through the Years: A History of Crosby County, 1952, by Nellie Witt Spikes and Temple Ann Ellis.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Crosby County Courthouse Historical Marker Text, located at the Courthouse. Marker erected 1966.
- ↑ GenDisasters.com - Estacado, TX Crosby County Courthouse Fire, Oct 1889 http://www3.gendisasters.com/texas/17667/estacado-tx-crosby-county-courthouse-fire-oct-1889
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback