Cross County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Cross County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 15, 1862|
Cross County Courthouse
705 Union Ave E #8;
Wynne, AR 72396
County Clerk has m and probate records from 1863,
tax and county court records from 1865; Clerk Circuit
Court has court and land records from 1865; Chancery
Circuit Clerk has divorce records from 1866; County
Historical Society has newspapers from 1935,
cemetery records and family histories
- 1862--Cross County was created 15 November 1862 from Crittenden, Poinsett, and St. Francis Counties.
County seat: Wynne 
See an interactive map of Cross County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cross County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.