Cross County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Cross County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 15, 1862|
Cross County Courthouse
705 Union Ave E #8;
Wynne, AR 72396
County Clerk has m and probate records from 1863,
tax and county court records from 1865; Clerk Circuit
Court has court and land records from 1865; Chancery
Circuit Clerk has divorce records from 1866; County
Historical Society has newspapers from 1935,
cemetery records and family histories
- 1862--Cross County was created 15 November 1862 from Crittenden, Poinsett, and St. Francis Counties.
County seat: Wynne 
See an interactive map of Cross County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cross County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 67.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News