Cumberland County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Cumberland County Courthouse
142 Federal Street
Portland, Me 04101-4151
County Clerk has death, probate and land records from 1760.
City or Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records. 
- Parts were taken for:
Places / Localities
Cities • Portland • South Portland • Westbrook
Extinct towns • Deering
- Calvary Cemetery, South Portland
- Gray Village Cemetery, Gray
- Lower Corner Cemetery, New Gloucester
- Moss Side Cemetery, Cumberland Center
- North Raymond Cemetery, Raymond
Westbrook Historical Society:
Maine Catholic Cemetery Committee's Online Databases: There are 65 catholic cemeteries in this diocese and they are slowly being put online.
- 1905 Transcription - only Scarboro
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Cumberland County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cumberland County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cumberland County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Cumberland County
- Westbrook Historical Society Collections
- Cumberland County Genealogy (Maine Genealogy)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cumberland County, Maine page 304, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 95. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More