Cumberland County, New Jersey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 08:24, 21 December 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1748, formed from Salem County
- 1763, boundary clarified with Salem County
- 1822, Cape May County boundary clarified and water boundary defined
- 1844, part of Maurice River twp. to Cape May County's Upper twp. and returned in 1845
- 1846, water boundary further clarified
- 1867, Pittsgrove twp. from Salem County and returned in 1868
- 1878, part of Maurice twp. to Cape May County's Upper twp.
- 1891, part of Maurice River twp. to Cape May County's Dennis twp.
- 1892, part of Landis twp. to Gloucester County's Franklin twp. and returned in 1897.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News