Cumberland County, New Jersey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 08:24, 21 December 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1748, formed from Salem County
- 1763, boundary clarified with Salem County
- 1822, Cape May County boundary clarified and water boundary defined
- 1844, part of Maurice River twp. to Cape May County's Upper twp. and returned in 1845
- 1846, water boundary further clarified
- 1867, Pittsgrove twp. from Salem County and returned in 1868
- 1878, part of Maurice twp. to Cape May County's Upper twp.
- 1891, part of Maurice River twp. to Cape May County's Dennis twp.
- 1892, part of Landis twp. to Gloucester County's Franklin twp. and returned in 1897.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog