Cumberland County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Cumberland County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Jarman] German, John L. "Finding the Father of David German of North Carolina and Shelby County, Indiana," The American Genealogist, Vol. 68, No. 2 (Apr. 1993):87-94.
- [Lewis] Lewis, J.D. My Neck of the Woods: The Lewis Families of Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina. Little River, S.C.: J.D. Lewis, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 L585Ljd; CD-ROM no. 1036
- Cumberland County Register Of Deeds has scanned their deed index books (1754-1976) and land records (1754-1968) and placed them online. To begin your search click here.
North Carolina Newspaper Digitization Project, North Carolina State Archives (Fayetteville)
- Index to Cumberland County Estate Records - A through L, M through Z - via the NCGenWeb Project
- Index to Estate Settlements - via the NCGenWeb Project
- Cumberland County Tax Records - via the NCGenWeb Project
- Fayetteville State University: 1947-2009
Societies and Libraries
Townships and Cities
- NCGenWeb: Cumberland County - free genealogy resources; part of the USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News