Currituck County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Currituck County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Currituck was formed in 1668 as a precinct in Albemarle County. It was named in honor of an Indian tribe. It is in the northeastern section of the State and is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, Albemarle Sound, Camden County, and the state of Virginia. The present area is 273 square miles and the population is 6,709. Currituck Court House, mentioned as early as 1755, is the county seat.
- Guide to Research at the North Carolina Archives [list of original & microfilm records]
- Currituck Co., NC Bonds [Administrators, Bastardy, Constables, & Guardian]
Census & Tax Records
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Newspapers & Obituaries
Organizations & Links
Photographs & Biographies
- Currituck Co., NC Vital Records [Births, Marriages & Deaths]
Wills & Estates
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).