Cury, Cornwall GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Cury, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Helston PLU|
|Parish registers: 1690; Separate registers exist for Gunwalloe beginning 1716|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1608; Separate records exist for Gunwalloe beginning 1608|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
CURY (St. Ninian), a parish, in the union of Helston, W. division of Kerrier hundred and of Cornwall, 4¾ miles (S. S. E.) from Helston. The old living is a vicarage, annexed, with the livings of Germoe and Gunwalloe, to the vicarage of Breage. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Cury, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Cury, Cornwall Genealogy Parish Online Records|
||1676-1772, 1813-1938|| |
|FS PRs||1690-1875||1690-1838, 1894-1900||1690-1901|
|IGI||1676-1687, 1690-1875||1676-1687, 1691-1875|
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 45
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks (Genealogy)
The Cury section of the OPC website contains many records.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241260.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
Cury in GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 751-755. Date accessed: 11 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Database Coverage,' Cornwall Parish Register Index, accessed 1 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More