Cypress California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 4000 Orange Ave, Anaheim, California
- Corner of Orange Ave and Holder St, near Valley View Blvd and Lincoln Ave.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: (714) 821-5382
Open Hours: M-Th & Sat 9 to noon, Tu - Th 3 to 6pm, Sun evening 6-8pm
Holiday Schedule: Open most holidays, call to be sure.
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule: Classes on becoming family history consultants and indexers are held every Sunday evening from 6 to 8 PM.
Staff Training Meetings: 1st Thrs of each month, 7PM
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Strong Scicilian and Hispanic resource.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, such as Ancestry.com.
- 7 networked workstations, 5 micro film-fiche readers, micro-film digitizer, hard copy Mormon pioneer family group sheets.
Staff Research Specialties
Very strong multi-media services (microfilm/fiche digitizer, convert all info formats to DVD-CD disks).
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Anyone interested in extending hispanic or scicilian family history
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More