Dade County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Dade County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Dade County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 29, 1841|
|Address|| Dade County Courthouse|
Greenfield, MO 65661
Dade County Website
County Recorder has marriage records from 1867 and land records;
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce records from 1867; Probate Judge
has probate and court records
- 29 Jan 1841 Dade created from Non-County Area 29 and Non-County Area 32. Non-County Area 29 and Non-County Area 32 eliminated. (Mo. Laws 1840–1841, pub., sec. 10/pp. 33–34)
- 24 Feb 1843 Dade lost to creation of Lawrence; Lawrence not fully organized, parts attached to Barry and DADE "for civil and military purposes." (Mo. Laws 1842–1843, pub., p. 39)
- 14 Feb 1845 Dade lost to creation of Cedar. Lawrence fully organized, detached from Dade. (Mo. Laws 1844–1845, secs. 49–51/p. 37)
Visit the Newberry Library Historical State and County Boundary Maps.
See an interactive map of Dade County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Dade County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Dade County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Dade County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- The Dade County Library has microfilm of extant newspapers published in the County from 1867 forward. This includes communites such as Greenfield, Lockwood and Everton.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Dade County Genealogy Society
P.O. Box 155
Greenfield, Missouri 65661
Dade County Library
209 South Main Street
Greenfield, Missouri 65661
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Dade County Community Tree - A restricted Work - in - Progress - http://www.dademogensoc.net
- Dade County Genealogy Society - Available March 1, 2011 - http://www.dademogensoc.org
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Dade County, Missouri. Page 399 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback