Dallam County, Texas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Adopted by TXGenWeb Dallam County
Texline was named the county seat when Dallam County was organized in 1891. Ten years later the railroad came, and a new town Dalhart sprang up at the railroad crossing. In 1903, Dalhart became the county seat. Dallam County's first courthouse was built in 1891 in Texline. A second courthouse was built in Dalhart in 1903. The county's current courthouse, shown at right, was built in 1923.
Dallam County Courthouse
County & District Clerk - Terri Banks
P.O. Box 1352
Dalhart, Tx. 79022
1876--Dallam County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District, but was not organized until 1890. County seat: Dalhart 
Dalhart (partly in Hartley County) | Kerrick | Perico | Texline
- The Book of Years: A History of Dallam and Hartley Counties, 1969, by Lillie Mae Hunter.
- Hartley County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News