Dallas Plantation, Maine

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(reaffirmed)
(links)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Maine]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Franklin County, Maine|Franklin]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Dallas Plantation'''<br><br>'''Dallas Plantation''' (T2 R2 WBKP), also known as Number 2 R2 Plantation, and also known as Getchell Plantation, is a [[Maine plantations|Maine plantation]] in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called '''Plantations 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2''' formed from:  
 
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Maine]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Franklin County, Maine|Franklin]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Dallas Plantation'''<br><br>'''Dallas Plantation''' (T2 R2 WBKP), also known as Number 2 R2 Plantation, and also known as Getchell Plantation, is a [[Maine plantations|Maine plantation]] in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called '''Plantations 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2''' formed from:  
  
::*Township 2 R1 WBKP (now Sandy River Plantation)  
+
::*Township 2 R1 WBKP (now [[Sandy River Plantation, Maine|Sandy River Plantation]])  
::*Township 3 R1 WBKP (now Rangeley Plantation)  
+
::*Township 3 R1 WBKP (now [[Rangeley Plantation, Maine|Rangeley Plantation]])  
::*Number 2 R2 WBKP Plantation (now Dallas Plantation)  
+
::*Number 2 R2 WBKP Plantation (now [[Dallas_Plantation,_Maine|Dallas Plantation]])  
::*Number 3 R2 WBKP Plantation (now Rangeley)
+
::*Number 3 R2 WBKP Plantation (now [[Rangeley, Maine|Rangeley]])
  
 
but that long name was changed to '''Dallas Plantation''' in 1845, and changed in turn to '''Rangeley Plantation''' in 1852. Multi-township plantations were abolished in 1859. By 1860 Number 2 R2 was known as '''Getchell Plantation''', and by 1870 the same land was being called '''Dallas Plantation''' again. In 1884 and 1895 the Dallas Plantation organization was reaffirmed for T2 R2 WBKP land.<ref>Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, ''Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes'' (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 72 (digital p. 81). A digital version is available via {{FHL|283056|item|disp=a link in the FHL Catalog}}.</ref> <ref name="Dallas">[http://www.mainegenealogy.net/individual_place_record.asp?place=dallas_plantation Dallas Plantation, Franklin County, Maine] in ''Maine Genealogy'' (accessed 26 September 2013).</ref>  
 
but that long name was changed to '''Dallas Plantation''' in 1845, and changed in turn to '''Rangeley Plantation''' in 1852. Multi-township plantations were abolished in 1859. By 1860 Number 2 R2 was known as '''Getchell Plantation''', and by 1870 the same land was being called '''Dallas Plantation''' again. In 1884 and 1895 the Dallas Plantation organization was reaffirmed for T2 R2 WBKP land.<ref>Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, ''Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes'' (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 72 (digital p. 81). A digital version is available via {{FHL|283056|item|disp=a link in the FHL Catalog}}.</ref> <ref name="Dallas">[http://www.mainegenealogy.net/individual_place_record.asp?place=dallas_plantation Dallas Plantation, Franklin County, Maine] in ''Maine Genealogy'' (accessed 26 September 2013).</ref>  

Revision as of 16:04, 30 September 2013

United States Gotoarrow.png Maine Gotoarrow.png Franklin Gotoarrow.png Dallas Plantation

Dallas Plantation (T2 R2 WBKP), also known as Number 2 R2 Plantation, and also known as Getchell Plantation, is a Maine plantation in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called Plantations 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2 formed from:

but that long name was changed to Dallas Plantation in 1845, and changed in turn to Rangeley Plantation in 1852. Multi-township plantations were abolished in 1859. By 1860 Number 2 R2 was known as Getchell Plantation, and by 1870 the same land was being called Dallas Plantation again. In 1884 and 1895 the Dallas Plantation organization was reaffirmed for T2 R2 WBKP land.[1] [2]

References

  1. Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 72 (digital p. 81). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
  2. Dallas Plantation, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 26 September 2013).

Adjacent towns: Franklin Co.: Coplin Plantation | Madrid Township | Rangeley | Rangeley Plantation | Sandy River Plantation | Township 1 R2 WBKP (Redington Twp) | Township 2 R3 WBKP (Lang Twp) | Township 3 R3 WBKP (Davis Twp)