Dalston St PhilipEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to the Middlesex Parishes C-F page.
DALSTON, a chapelry in St. John-Hackney parish, Middlesex; on the North London railway, contiguous to Hackney, 3 miles NNE of St. Paul's, London. It has a post office‡ under London NE, and a r. station; was constituted in 1848; and contains some old houses, many new ones, the German hospital, and the Refuge or the destitute. Pop., 10, 247. Houses, 1, 740. The living bears the name of St. Philip's, and is a p. curacy in the diocese of London. Value, £350.* Patron, the Rector of St. John-Hackney. The church was built in 1841, at a cost of £5, 700. There is another church, St. Mark's, with separate incumbency. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rector of West Hackney.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News