Dare County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Dare County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Dare County Courthouse
400 Budleigh Street
P O Box 70
Manteo, NC 27954
Registrar of Deed has birth and death records from 1913
marriage records from 1870 and land records
Clerk Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1870
Dare County was from Currituck, Tyrell, Hyde County
- Roanoke Island Freedman's Colony - website dedicated to camp on the island of refugee slaves just after the Civil War. Site includes history, documents, lists of slaves who lived on the island and more.
- Dare Co., NC Cemeteries (some with tombstone photos)
- Cemetery Census for Dare Co., NC Cemeteries
- Access Genealogy for Dare Co., NC Cemeteries
- Find-A-Grave for Dare Co., NC Cemeteries
- USGenWeb Archives for Dare Co., NC Cemeteries
For tips on accessing Dare County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Dare Co., NC Military Records (from Colonial Militia to Vietnam)
War of 1812
Jones, Gordon C.: .Abstracts of land-grants, tax lists, orphans dockets, inventories and other records, : Currituck and Dare counties, North Carolina, 1666-1831 Chesapeak, Virginia, G.C.Jones c1982) pages 91 FHL Book 976.6132 P28
- Civil War
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Misc. Dare Co., NC Records
- The Lost Colony articles
- Dare Co., NC Penny Postcards at NCGenWeb Archives
- Medical Directory for Avon, NC at NCGenWeb Archives
- Dare Co., NC Births at NCGenWeb Archives
- Dare Co., NC Marriages at NCGenWeb Archives
- Dare Co., Obits
- Dare Co., NC Obituaries at NCGenWeb Archives
Wills & Estates
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Dare County NCGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives-Dare County
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Dade County, North Carolina. Page 508 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News