Dare County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Dare County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Dare County North Carolina
400 Budleigh Street
P O Box 70
Manteo, NC 27954
Reg of Deed has b & d rec from 1913
m rec from 1870
Clk Ct has div, pro & ct rec from 1870
Dare County was from Currituck, Tyrell, Hyde County
- Roanoke Island Freedman's Colony - website dedicated to camp on the island of refugee slaves just after the Civil War. Site includes history, documents, lists of slaves who lived on the island and more.
- Dare Co., NC Cemeteries (some with tombstone photos)
- Cemetery Census for Dare Co., NC Cemeteries
- Access Genealogy for Dare Co., NC Cemeteries
- Find-A-Grave for Dare Co., NC Cemeteries
- USGenWeb Archives for Dare Co., NC Cemeteries
For tips on accessing Dare County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Dare Co., NC Military Records (from Colonial Militia to Vietnam)
Jones, Gordon C.: .Abstracts of land-grants, tax lists, orphans dockets, inventories and other records, : Currituck and Dare counties, North Carolina, 1666-1831 Chesapeak, Virginia, G.C.Jones c1982) pages 91 FHL Book 976.6132 P28
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Misc. Dare Co., NC Records
- The Lost Colony articles
- Dare Co., NC Penny Postcards at NCGenWeb Archives
- Medical Directory for Avon, NC at NCGenWeb Archives
- Dare Co., NC Births at NCGenWeb Archives
- Dare Co., NC Marriages at NCGenWeb Archives
- Dare Co., Obits
- Dare Co., NC Obituaries at NCGenWeb Archives
Wills & Estates
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Dare County NCGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives-Dare County
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback