Darlaston, Staffordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Darlaston, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
DARLASTON (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Walsall, S. division of the hundred of Offlowand of the county of Stafford, 1 mile (N. W. by W.) from Wednesbury. There are four places of worship for Wesleyans. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Darlaston St Lawrence parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|DARLASTON PARISH (1539) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1539-1971 Mar 1539-1987 Bur 1539-1925
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1660-1844 Mar 1660-1835 Bur 1660-1844 (missing Bap & Bur 1836-1842)
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Darlaston, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474615.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 8-15. Date accessed: 18 October 2012.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ Staffordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8