Daughters of Utah PioneersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Address|| 300 North Main|
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
The International Society for the Daughters of Utah Pioneers maintains a museum of pioneer memorabilia and a small library of family histories. Membership applications, showing members' genealogy, are available in the library. Yearly, they publish a volume about the history of Utah that includes biographies of pioneers and early residents of Utah, information about historical sites, and accounts of journeys across the ocean and plains. See Utah Biography for information on their publications.
History of the society
- Add a brief history of the society here to help the readers understand the purpose and goals of the society.
- Insert a list of publications the society has.
- Link to published online newsletters.
- Scan and publish past newsletters, linking to them from this section.
Collection of Histories and Photographs
- The members of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers (DUP) have prepared and collected thousands of biographies of early pioneers (1847-1869). Search for a pioneer history on the website. Women are listed in the index by their married name. You can request a copy of the history is you are a member of DUP or a direct descendant of the pioneer. Hint: searching by just the last name or by just the first name will help you find histories entered into the database by different spellings.
- The organization also has photographs of many of the early church members. Copies can by ordered through the mail.
Promote society events by listing them here. Include events such as society meetings, workshops, board meeting, training meetings, etc.
- List upcoming society meetings, including date, time, locality
- Add note and handouts from the meeting to additional wiki pages and link to them from here.
- Add presentations shared at society meetings and link to them from here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- See the DUP website for their list of frequently asked questions and the answers.a
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback