Dawes County, NebraskaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Dawes County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Dawes County, Nebraska|
| Map of Nebraska highlighting Dawes County|
Location in the state of Nebraska
| Map of the U.S. highlighting Nebraska|
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||February 19, 1885|
|Address|| Dawes County Courthouse|
451 Main Street
Chadron, Nebraska 69337-2649
Dawes County Courthouse;
451 Main St; Chadron
County Clerk has land records from 1880.
County Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records. 
- Nebraska Gravestones.org Website - Dawes County Gravestone Digital Images within site: Dawes County Cemeteries
For tips on accessing Dawes County, Nebraska census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project - Nebraska and Dawes County
- Family History Library Catalog Family History Library Dawes County record holdings
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Dawes County, Nebraska page 429, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Nebraska-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback