DeKalb County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to DeKalb County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|DeKalb County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||February 25, 1845|
|Address|| DeKalb County Courthouse|
109 W Main Street
P O Box 248
Maysville, MO 64469-0248
DeKalb County Website
County Recorder has marriage and divorce records;
County Clerk has birth records 1880-1902; probate
Judge has probate records
See an interactive map of DeKalb County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing DeKalb County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Interactive map of DeKalb County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including DeKalb County.
- 1805-1866 - DeKalb County Birth Index, Volumes B and C, 1805-1866. Batch C514871 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1845-1881 - DeKalb County Marriage Books B and C Index 1845-1881. Batch M514871 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1881-1885 - DeKalb County Marriage Book E Index 1881-1885. Batch M514872 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- DeKalb county Missouri USGenWeb project. 2009: site is beginning to add marriages, cemetery records, other historical resources.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), DeKalb County, Missouri. Page 399 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Johann de Kalb," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback