Decatur County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Decatur County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
Decatur County Courthouse
120 E Hall; PO Box 89;
Oberlin, KS 67749
Clerk District Court has birth, marriage and death records 1885-1913,
divorce and court records from 1881, probate records from 1891
and naturalization records from 1880.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1878
and military discharge records from 1862. 
1873--Decatur County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory.
County seat: Oberlin 
- Furnas County, Nebraska
- Hitchcock County, Nebraska
- Red Willow County, Nebraska
Decatur County Cemeteries gives the location of each cemetery and a transcription of graves in that cemetery. Some cemeteries have not been transcribed as yet.
Links to Deaths in Decatur County links to Obituaries, 1880 Mortality Schedule, Registered Deaths November 28, 1885-July 1, 1911, and The Obituary Daily Times web site
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Decatur County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Decatur County, Kansas page 249 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "List of counties in Tennessee", Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).