Del Norte County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Del Norte County California genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Del Norte County, California|
Location in the state of California
Location of California in the U.S.
|Founded||March 2, 1857|
|County Seat||Crescent City|
|Address|| Del Norte County Courthouse]|
981 H St;
Crescent City, CA 95531;
Del Norte County Website
County Clerk has divorce, probate and court records from 1848;
County recorder has birth, marriage and death records from 1873,
land records from 1853, leases andagreements 1857-1954
18 January 1948: Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
For tips on accessing Del Norte County, California Genealogy census records online, see: California Census.
Church History and Records
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
Many early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
HEADINGS 4 and 5
- Del Norte County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Del Norte County, California. Page 84 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News