Delaware For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:21, 28 September 2010 by DiltsGD
These books will give you further information about the records of Delaware:
- Bibliography of Delaware, 1960-1974. Newart, Del,: University of Delaware, 1976. (Not at FHL.)
- Doherty, Thomas P., ed. Delaware Genealogical Research Guide. Wilmington, Del,: Delaware Genealogical Society, 1991. (FHL 975.1 D27d.) This book explains geography, record types, and repositories.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Ancestry's Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1992. (FHL 973 D27rb 1992.) Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Giles, Barbara S. Selected Delaware Bibliography and Resources. Seattle: B. S. Giles, 1990. (FHL 975.1 D27s.)
- Mattsson, Algot. New Sweden the Dream of an Empire. Goteborg: Tre Bocker, 1987. Vanersborg: Vanersborgs Offset. (FHL 975.1 H2m.) This is a brief historical overview of New Sweden and Swedes in America.
- Reed, Henry Clay, and Marion B. Reed. A Bibliography of Delaware through 1960. Newark, Del.: University of Delaware Press, 1966. (FHL 975.1 A3r.) Lists articles and books about specific families who lived about 1600-1960. This guide lists books, pamphlets, and manuscripts about Delaware towns, cities, counties, families, biographies, geography, history, courts, and other subjects.
- Rising, Johan Claesson. The Rise and Fall of New Sweden: Governor Johan Rising's Journal 1654-1655. Stockholm: Almqvist & Wiksell International, 1988. Uddevalla: Bohus Laningens boktr. (FHL 975.1 H2dn.) Includes translation and index.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback