Delaware For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
These books will give you further information about the records of Delaware:
- Bibliography of Delaware, 1960-1974. Newart, Del,: University of Delaware, 1976. (Not at FHL.)
- Doherty, Thomas P., ed. Delaware Genealogical Research Guide. Wilmington, Del,: Delaware Genealogical Society, 1991. FHL Book 975.1 D27d. This book explains geography, record types, and repositories.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Ancestry's Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1992. Free online version; FHL Book 973 D27rb 1992. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Giles, Barbara S. Selected Delaware Bibliography and Resources. Seattle: B. S. Giles, 1990. FHL Book 975.1 D27s.
- Mattsson, Algot. New Sweden the Dream of an Empire. Goteborg: Tre Bocker, 1987. Vanersborg: Vanersborgs Offset. FHL 975.1 H2m. This is a brief historical overview of New Sweden and Swedes in America.
- Reed, Henry Clay, and Marion B. Reed. A Bibliography of Delaware through 1960. Newark, Del.: University of Delaware Press, 1966. FHL 975.1 A3r. Lists articles and books about specific families who lived about 1600-1960. This guide lists books, pamphlets, and manuscripts about Delaware towns, cities, counties, families, biographies, geography, history, courts, and other subjects.
- Rising, Johan Claesson. The Rise and Fall of New Sweden: Governor Johan Rising's Journal 1654-1655. Stockholm: Almqvist and Wiksell International, 1988. Uddevalla: Bohus Laningens boktr. FHL 975.1 H2dn. Includes translation and index.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:16.
- This page has been accessed 1,258 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More