Dennis, MassachusettsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Establishment and former town name(s)
Historical data relating to counties, cities, and towns in Massachusetts (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1997), FHL book 974.4 H2h 1997.
19 June 1793: Incorporated as a town, from part of Yarmouth.
Archiac name: Nobscusset, Sesuet
12 July 1945:
8 May 1947: Act of July 12, 1945, amended and bounds between Dennis and Harwich established.
All locations in Dennis unless otherwise specifically listed.
- Cemetery inscriptions of Dennis, Massachusetts FHL
- B.N. Derick's cemetery records of Dennis, Ma. (part of Mayflower Descendant Legacy) FHL
If you visit theFamily History Library, "If you are using a computer in the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, you may use this database by clicking here."
Dennis Village (1794)
Old Bass River Rd., Rte 6A
- Cemetery inscriptions, Dennis Union Church "Did not copy the newer part" FHL
Gravesite of a child who died from smallpox
corner of Setucket and Airline Sts
Hall Family (1696)
- Cemetery inscriptions, Hall Cemetery FHL
Howes Family (1650)
New Boston Rd
- Cemetery inscriptions, Howes Cemetery FHL
Rte 6A, on shores of Scargo Lake (no markers)
Oak Ridge (1970)
Paddock Family (1707)
off Rte 6A
Centennial celebrations, etc.
- The celebration of the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the founding of old Yarmouth, Mass. : including the present towns of Yarmouth and Dennis; September 1 and 3, 1889 FHL
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Military Hiastory and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More