Dickenson County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:46, 16 November 2011 by Murphynw
Southwest Virginia county.
- Tombstone Transcription Project Dickenson County - cemetery transcriptions - USGenWeb
1890 Union Veterans
- Turner, Ronald Ray. Virginia's Union Veterans: Eleventh Census of the United States 1890. Available online, courtesy: Prince William County Virginia website. [Includes residents of this county.]
- Vanover, Gregory Lynn, Joan Short Vanover, and Barbara Kendrick Vanover. Dickenson County, Virginia, 1900 Federal Census. Pound, Virginia: G.L. Vanover, 1984. Available at FHL.
- Sutherland, Elihu Jasper. Sand Lick Primitive Baptist Church, the First Hundred Years, 1837-1937: A History of the Oldest Religious Organization in Dickenson County, Virginia. 1937; reprint, [Clintwood, Virginia?]: Mullins Printing, 1985. Available at FHL.
- Giles, Albert William. The Geology and Coal Resources of Dickenson County, Virginia. University of Virginia, 1921. Digital version at Google Books (full-view).
- Schwab, W.G. The Forests of Dickenson County, Virginia. Charlottesville, Va., 1917. Digital version at Google Books (full-view).
- Sutherland, Elihu Jasper. Meet Virginia's Baby: A Brief Pictorial History of Dickenson County, Virginia, from Its Formation in 1880 to 1955, with Stress on Pioneer Background. Clintwood, Va.: E.J. Sutherland, 1955. 1975 reprint available at FHL.
- Sutherland, Elihu Jasper and Hetty Swindall Sutherland. Pioneer Recollections of Southwest Virginia. Clintwood, Va.: H.S. Sutherland, G.L. Vanover, and J.S. Vanover, 1984. Available at FHL.
- Gobble, Lillian and Rhonda Robertson. Between Brothers: Civil War Soldiers of Wise & Dickenson County [Virginia]. [Big Stone Gap, Virginia: L. Gobble & R. Robertson, 200-?]. Available at FHL.
- Dickenson County, Virginia, Family Bible Records, 1934-1935. Clintwood, Virginia: Mullins Printing, 1999. Available at FHL.
- "A Guide to the Counties of Virginia: Dickenson County," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 8, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1964):124-126. Available at FHL; digital version at New England Ancestors ($).
- Sutherland, Elihu Jasper. E. J. Sutherland Collection, Dickenson County, Virginia, 1650-1965. MSS., available at FHL. [Includes Dickenson County Vital Statistics, 1830-1938.]
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- RootsWeb Mailing List: SW_VA-L (Topic: Southwest Virginia)
- Cyndi's List
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).