Dickinson County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:47, 21 August 2011 by Sandralpond
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Dickinson County Courthouse
705 S Stephenson Ave.
P. O. Box 609
Iron Mountain, MI 49801
Phone: (906) 774-0988
- Cities: Iron Mountain . Kingsford . Norway
- Villages: none
- Townships: Breen, Breitung . Felch . Norway . Sagola . Waucedah . West Branch
- Communities: Alfred . Antoine . Channing . East Kingsford . Felch . Felch Mountain . Floodwood . Foster City . Granite Bluff . Hardwood . Hylas . Loretto . Merriman . Metropolitan . Quinnesec . Ralph . Randville . Sagola . Skidmore . Spruce . Theodore . Turner . Vulcan . Waucedah
- Birth Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Marriage Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Death Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- Dickinson County Genealogical Society
c/o Dickinson County Library
401 Iron Mountain Street
Iron Mountain, MI 48901-3435 Dickinson County Census Records 1790 to 1930; Disbean online marriage index; GENDIS and Social Security Death indexes.
- Menominee Range Historical Foundation
300 E. Ludington Street
Iron Mountain, MI 49801
SEASONAL PHONE: (906) 774-4276 - Call for hours of Operation and Admission Information. Holdings include biographical card file, photos, Hazel Dault’s extensive genealogy collection; original Iron Mountain Press/Iron Mountain News/Daily News 1897-1905, 1918- 1980; Norway Current 1887-1954; Polk City Directory, 1902-1903, 1913, 1963-2001 [not inclusive]; Civil War records; Sagola Township Meeting Minutes; Foster City articles; CCC [Civilian Conservation Corps] records; Health Records; Marriage Records 1914-1950 by Dickinson County Justice of the Peace.
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Iron Mountain Michigan Family History Center
- Jackson Michigan Family History Center
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Dickinson County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News