Did My Ancestor Serve in the British Armed Forces?
From FamilySearch Wiki
(link error correction)
m (moved User:MannAE/Sandbox/Military to Did My Ancestor Serve in the British Armed Forces?: move out of sandbox)
Revision as of 16:04, 7 August 2012
This is a working spaceholder for adding something that sits above the things the FHL England team has been working on relating to British Military Records. This is an outline of what we are working on, but we haven't yet thought through how we will get to these pages or where they will be inserted.
You think your ancestor might have served in the British Military and want to verify it or You want to learn how to find out if your ancestor might have served in the British Military? The following items relate to discovering, analyzing, and verifying potential military service of an individual in Great Britain.
- Research Technique/Reference Interview:
- What do you want to know (objective)?
- What do you know, have, etc.?
- How do you “know” that (source)?
- What else do you know but didn’t mention?
- Potential Military situation
- I have a tradition or artifact of military connection
- I have a vital certificate w/military indication
- I have them in the census w/military indication
- I have a church record or headstone w/military indication
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More