Dinwiddie County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:41, 7 January 2011 by 127.0.0.1
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Banister] Horner, Frederick. The History of the Blair, Banister and Braxton Families Before and After the Revolution: With a Brief Sketch of Their Descendants. Philadelphia: J.P. Lippincott, 1898. FHL Collection 1550788 Item 7; digital version at Google Books.
- [Boudron] Wilson, LeGrande James. History of a Southern Presbyterian Family. Richmond, Va.: Whittet & Shepperson, 19--?. FHL Collection 6088883
- [Briggs] Lancaster, Robert A. "Wales, Dinwiddie County, Virginia," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 44, No. 3 (Jul. 1936):232-237. Available at JSTOR ($). [Residence of the Briggs family.]
- [Curtis] Curtis, Jack. Curtis' "Lingering Shadows" and Circle of Related Families, 1485-1993. 2 vols. [Greenville, Miss.]: J. Curtis, [1993?]. Vol. I: FHL Collection 929.273 C941cj
- [Curtis] Curtis, Jack. Fearless, Faithful, Forgotten Richard Curtis, Jr., 1755-1811. [Greenville, Miss.]: J. Curtis, [1997?]. FHL Collection 929.273 C946c
- [Davis] Rawlings, Michael R. The Family History of D'earcy Paul and Lula Virginia (McKenney) Davis of Dinwiddie, Isle of Wight and Southampton Counties in Virginia Being a Genealogical Outline of Their Descendants Covering the Years 1858-1996 and Assorted Sketches of Family Social History from the 1780s through the Present, Including Eight Generations. Spring Grove, A.: M.W. Rawlings, 1996. FHL Collection 929.273 D291r
- [Doyle] Doyle Family Records. Typescript. Microfilmed 1975. FHL Collection 928067 Item 4
- [Doyle] Doyle, Leigh Silfred. The Doyles from Winona Farm, Dinwiddie County, VA. n.p.: L.S. Doyle, 2003. FHL Collection 929.273 D772dL
- [Elder] Wood, Edith Louise. A Genealogical History of the Sturgeon, Elder and Allied Families of Kentucky. Louisville, Ky.: E.L. Wood, 1968. FHL Collection 929.273 St96w
- [Glasscock] Gottschalk, Kathrine Cox. Glasscock Family Proof that William Glasscock Married Ann Sallard in Virginia and Removed from Richmond County, Virginia to Dinwiddie County, Virginia and from There to Richmond County, Georgia. Typescript. Microfilmed 1971. FHL Collection 860446 Item 8
- [Goodwin] Goodwin, John S. The Goodwin Families in America. Whittet & Shepperson, 1897. 1969 reprint available at FHL. 1990s supplement also available at FHL.
- [Goodwin] "Appendix K: The Goodwyns of Dinwiddie County, Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 6, No. 2, Supplement (Oct. 1897):104-114. Available at JSTOR ($).
- [Goodwin] "Appendix K: The Goodwyns of Dinwiddie County, Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 8, No. 2, Supplement (Oct. 1899):19-22. Available at JSTOR ($).
- [Goodwin] "Additional Notes on the Goodwyns and Goodwins of Dinwiddie Co., Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 8, No. 2, Supplement (Oct. 1899):140-142. Available at JSTOR ($).
- [Goodwin] "Dinwiddie Co., Va., Richland Orangeburg Districts, S. C., Goodwyns," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 8, No. 2, Supplement (Oct. 1899):26-37. Available at JSTOR ($).
- [Goodwin] "The Goodwins of Dinwiddie Co., Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 8, No. 2, Supplement (Oct. 1899):135-138. Available at JSTOR ($).
- [Grammer] Evans, Johnny William, Alice Erickson McCollum and Catherine Eastburn Jennings. John Grammer and Wife, Elizabeth Abernathy of Dinwiddie County, Virginia and Their Descendants. n.p.: J.W. Evans, 2000. FHL Collection 929.273 G762e; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Hamlin] Kelly, Wilhelmina Rhodes and Linda Rhodes Jones. John W. Hamlin of Dinwiddie County, Virginia: His Ancestors and Descendants, 1753-2004. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Weeksville Society, 2004. FHL Collection 929.273 H181k
- [Jackson] Jackson, B. Darrell. Jackson Family History: Descendants of Robert Jackson of Dinwiddie County, Virginia, to Nine Generations, ca. 1760-2008: with Ancestry of Allied Families -- Johnson, Blakely, Shields, Cooper, Stiles, Kitchell, Pierson, Bruen, Ogden, Swaine, and Owsley. Baltimore, Md.: Gateway Press, 2009. FHL Collection 929.273 J137j
- [King] King, Clefaine Elizabeth Reed. Thomas Benjamin King: His Ancestry and His Descendants. Bountiful, Utah: Family History Publishers, 1993. FHL Collection 929.273 K587k
- [Pattillo] Plumblee, Millard Quentin. At the Foot of the Lake: The Pattillo-Patillo Family and Allied Lines. Burlington, N.C.: M.Q. Plumblee, 1987. FHL Collection 929.273 P277pmq
- [Perdue] Pardue, Ida M. Asa Perdue, b. 1817, VA., m. Frances Pucket Amelia Co., VA., Chesterfield Co., VA., Dinwiddie Co., VA. Typescript, donated 1988. FHL Collection 6038586
- [Reames] Smith, H.C. The Reams, Reames Family and Allied Families. [Glendale, Calif.?: H.C. Smith, 1954?]. FHL Collection 929.273 R23r
- [Rives] Rives, Jno. R. T. Green Rives of Dinwiddie County, Virginia and Lincoln County, Tennessee and His Descendants. Birmingham, Ala.: Printed by A.H. Cather Pub. Co., 1958. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Rose] Rose, Christine. Abstracts of Early Virginia Rose Estates: Wills, Inventories, Accounts and Administrator's Bonds before 1850. San Jose, Calif.: Rose Family Bulletin, 1972. FHL US/CAN Book 975.5 A1 no. 56; digital version at Heritage Quest Online ($).
- [Simmons] Nowery, Sharon Lee. Pictorial Family Register Joshua H. Simmons and Cynthia Jane (Magers) Simmons of Crawford County, Ohio and Dinwiddie County, Virginia. Rock Hill, S.C.: S.L. Nowery, 1995. FHL Collection 929.273 Si47n
- [Thompson] McManus, Thelma S. and Grace E. Burlison. Come Over into Macedonia the Charles Thompson Line from Dinwiddie County, Virginia to Ripley County, Missouri, 1760-1974. Doniphan, Mo.: Vitronic Division, Penn Corp., 1974, c1965. FHL Collection 929.273 T371m
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback