Dominican RepublicEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Getting started with Dominican Republic research
The Dominican Republic is a country occupying the eastern two-thirds of Hispaniola Island in the West Indies, while the western third of the island is occupied by the nation of Haiti. Hispaniola Island is one of the Greater Antilles Islands on the northern edge of the Caribbean Sea helping to separate it from the North Atlantic Ocean. The island lies between Cuba on the west and Puerto Rico on the east. See the CIA World Factbook article about the Domincan Repulic.
Si usted entiende español
Le invitamos a buscar información en español en la página de República Dominicana en el wiki de FamilySearch español. También le invitamos a compartir información útil allí. Véase el enlace en la parte inferior de la página.
(Your text or images here)
Dominican Republic Archives
The website for the Archives of the Dominican Republic is in Spanish with no option to be displayed in English, but it appears they at least have a catalog of materials available and may have some online data. There is an email address provided for inquiries.
- Research Resource: BYU Locality Analysis for Dominican Republic
- Listing of all records collections for the Dominican Republic available on FamilySearch.org
Wiki articles describing these collections are found at:
- Dominican Republic Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Dominican Republic Civil Births (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Dominican Republic Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Dominican Republic Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Dominican Republic Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Dominican Republic Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Dominican Republic Genealogical Resources
Did you know?
(Your text or images here, or use the table below:)
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: