Douglas County, Colorado GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Douglas County Colorado genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Douglas County, Colorado|
Location in the state of Colorado
Location of Colorado in the U.S.
|Founded||November 1, 1861|
|County Seat||Castle Rock|
|Address|| Douglas County Courthouse|
301 Wilcox St
Castle Rock, CO 80104-2454
Douglas County Website
County Clerk has marriage records from 1867
and land records from 1864
1861--Douglas County was created 1 November 1861 as an original county. County seat: Castle Rock 
Places / Localities
- Bear Canon Cemetery
- Cedar Hill Cemetery
- Fonder Cemetery
- Franktown Cemetery
- Glen Grove Cemetery
- Parker Cemetery
- Spring Valley Cemetery
For tips on accessing Douglas County, Colorado Genealogy census records online, see: Colorado Census.
Douglas County Old Age Pension Records 1933-1936. An Index compiled from the offical record of the applications granted by the Douglas County Commissioners during these years. Record may show the following:
- Name of Applicant
- Date and Amount of pension payment
- Any adjustments to the pension
- Person's age
- Town nearest to where they lived
- Other Actions done by the County
Douglas County History Research Center - http://douglascountyhistory.org/
Colorado State Archives has put an Index to the Douglas County Will Records for the years 1886 to 1961.
Colorado State Archives has put the Douglas County Inheritance Tax Records Index for 1911-1944 on-line.
Societies and Libraries
Douglas County Libraries
100 South Wilcox
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Phone: (303) 688-7603
Highlands Ranch Genealogical Society,
Parker Genalogical Society of Colorado&
PO Box 2672
Parker, CO 80134
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Castle Rock Colorado Family History Center
- Parker Colorado Family History Center
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Douglas County, Colorado. Page 98 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Colorado-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More