Douglas County, Oregon Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (added info)
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
==== Census ====
==== Census ====
Revision as of 02:23, 21 January 2009
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
Roseburg, OR 97470
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Douglas County Court House as of June 2005.
- Record Loss:
Named for U.S. Senator Stephen A. Douglas of Illinois.
Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
1856: Camas Valley of Umpqua County was annexed to Douglas County.
1862: Douglas County absorbed the remaining parts of Umpqua County.
Places / Localities
Canyonville | Drain | Elkton | Glendale | Myrtle Creek | Oakland | Reedsport | Riddle | Roseburg | Sutherlin | Winston | Yoncalla
Ash | Azalea | Days Creek | Gardiner | Glide | Green | Roseburg North | Scottsburg | Tiller | Tri-City | Umpqua | Winchester | Winchester Bay
- 1853 Territorial Transcription and Index
Church History and Records
Societies and Libraries
- The Douglas County GenWeb Project;part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Douglas County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Douglas County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Douglas County.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News