Douglas County, Oregon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States > Oregon > Douglas County
Douglas County Courthouse, 1929, 1956, 1977
1036 SE Douglas Street
Roseburg, OR 97470
Records Held at the Courthouse
Stephen A. Douglas, Illinois
- Named for U.S. Senator Stephen A. Douglas of Illinois.
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
- created from the part of Umpqua County lying east of Coast Range summit 7 January 1852.
- Part was taken to form Wasco County 11 January 1854.
- Camas Valley of Umpqua County was annexed to Douglas County in 1856.
- Douglas County absorbed the remaining parts of Umpqua County in 1862.
- Boundary adjustments were made with Jackson and Lane counties in 1915.
Places / Localities
- Myrtle Creek
- Days Creek
- Roseburg North
- Winchester Bay
Coos | Curry | Jackson | Josephine | Klamath | Lane
Church History and Records
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).