Douglas County, Oregon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:39, 30 September 2008 by Loisfowles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
1036 SE Douglas Street
Roseburg, OR 97470
- Named for U.S. Senator Stephen A. Douglas of Illinois.
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
- created from the part of Umpqua County lying east of Coast Range summit 7 January 1852.
- Part was taken to form Wasco County 11 January 1854.
- Camas Valley of Umpqua County was annexed to Douglas County in 1856.
- Douglas County absorbed the remaining parts of Umpqua County in 1862.
- Boundary adjustments were made with Jackson and Lane counties in 1915.
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Douglas County Court House as of June 2005.
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- The Douglas County GenWeb Project;part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Douglas County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Douglas County.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News